Sunday, June 03, 2007

The "gospel"

It is a simple question full of christian cliche'...."What is the gospel?". It is THE question I have been wrestling with for almost ten years. I am not sure I have the answer, nor am I sure I ever will. My hope and prayer is the answer to the question will be a life lived well by me and my friends.

Here are Larry's thoughts on the question.


"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching."
Saint Francis Of Assisi
Italian monk & saint (1181 - 1226)

2 comments:

  1. "It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching."
    Saint Francis Of Assisi

    Aha, so the journey is the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be, but I was thinking that "the walking" is the preaching. The work of traveling is the preaching. The work of throwing pots or gardening, building, writing, cooking...they are ALL preaching of who we are and who we are working for.

    ReplyDelete