Thursday, December 14, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!!

Today is my birthday. I am 43. Now, when I was 23, I had all the answers to lifes most important questions. I also had all the answers to most every theological question that was being asked. Here, at 43 I do not have as many answers as I did 20 years ago. If I was to speak the truth, I actually have more questions now than 20 years ago. I also have fewer answers, or at least, I have fewer answers that are set in stone. In the past 20 years I have become comfortable with questions, knowing that asking the question is breathing in life. I have also come to love this passage of scipture...
Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. I don't mean that your help didn't mean a lot to me—it did. It was a beautiful thing that you came alongside me in my troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment