Friday, May 23, 2008

Security Dad


I was up and out early this morning. By 6:45am I was at my volunteer station of security dad on the curb in front of the convention center. I was basically there to stop folks from parking where shuttle buses were going to be dropping off attendees. I stood by post until after 9am and then found Joy and Shelley. After a few laps of the book fair and several conversations with old friends we were off to lunch. After lunch, I spent time with Joy and a gaggle of students from the Triangle. After a long nap, it was time for more laps of the book fair, chats with friends and dinner with the family. We then attended the annual talent show and saw more families we love and care for. The kids are now at a late night teen game outing and Shelley and I are lounging and getting ready for some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment