Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Fried Green Tomato BLT...



I am renovating a bathroom in an old house in Durham. Don't believe all you here about the Bull City. It is full of great folks and has some of the best food, music and art in all the southeast. Working there for me is always a thrill, as I will usually see someone I have known my whole life or have met along the way.

Milton is one of those I met along the way. He and his wife Ginger are fairly new to the Triangle. Not only will they add much to the mix of D town, they will be a blessing to all they meet. Ginger is the new pastor of Pilgrim UCC Church. I truly feel the congregation gets a twofer with Milton and Ginger.

Milton is a chef at Watts Grocery; one of the many fine eateries in the growing food family of Durham. Yesterday he brought and bought me lunch to my jobsite. It was a Fried Green Tomato sandwich and fresh cut fries. Milton, Kevin(my trusty sidekick) and I, sat out on the front porch steps and ate as the traffic drove by on Hillandale Rd.
The food was delicious, but the conversation and friendship were truly filling. I will be hungry again, and need to find another sandwich, but I now have something of substance to carry with me from a conversation on front porch steps.

"You use steel to sharpen steel,
and one friend sharpens another."
Proverbs 27:17 (The Message)

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Random Links...

Federal Credit Cards providing lavish perks for employees.

Advances in surgery continue...

They should just leave the "crisis" alone.

The Christian church of the U.S. built the cassette tape industry in the 70's, could they now conquer the podcast?

We as the Church of Jesus in America must deal with this issue.

1 comment:

  1. On the article about lethal injection:
    ""It was with a mixture of revulsion and consternation that I read and reread the commentary by Dr. Waisel," said the chief of neurology at the Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts. From the Chicago and Illinois Medical Societies: "We are healers. We are not medically licensed to kill." And, "it is simply not ethical to participate in an action that has as its sole purpose the death of an individual"--that from Dr. Mark Levine, the chairman of the AMA's council on ethical and judicial affairs."

    I wonder what these physicians think of legalized abortions? We're all such hypocrites. It frustrates me.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete