Thursday, November 23, 2006

I am Thankful for...

  • Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...it has been a part of every Thanksgivings I can remember.
  • Our Thanksgiving Day Feast...we always have friends and family as well as a few strangers to celebrate. Sometimes the crowd is 20, sometimes it is more than 80, but each time we come together to celebrate God's goodness to all of us.
  • Smoked Turkey..my favorite.
  • My mother's dressing.
  • My father's gravy.
  • Shelley's Grandmother's congealed salad. It has Miracle Whip as a base, the only time such a concoction should be consumed.
  • Katy's pies...she has become the pie queen, with much thanks to FoodTV and Martha Stewart.
  • Joy's addition...each year she is becoming more involved in cooking, this year she is preparing about 15lbs of sweet potatoes.
  • Larry McGarr....an important part of our organic faith community, Thanksgiving would not be the same without him.
  • Dittos for Laura McGarr
  • Dittos for the Nicholsons
  • Dittos for the Gwaltneys
  • Shelley...she is ALWAYS the conductor of the event, her master list is the key to avoiding chaos.
  • Fresh whipped cream
  • Pecan pie with chocolate chips.
  • Turkey sandwiches for a week after.
  • The fact that no matter who I am or what I do or think or plan or fail or create or demolish, the scriptures still boldy proclaim that God Loves me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment