Monday, July 02, 2012

Pimento Cheese

I have always loved pimento cheese. It was one of my favorite foods as a kid and both my parents make pretty good spread. Pimento cheese is big here in the south. Farm Hand Foods pairs it with a locally made polish sausage for an outstanding sandwich. Watts Grocery has it on their lunch menu and adds a bit of bourbon for a true twist on two great southern foods. Reliable Cheese Company has great pimento cheese and they serve it on thick slices of bread from Loaf Bakery.

I have been working on my own spin on this life long favorite for a long time and believe I have created a recipe worthy of any southern kitchen.

12ozs white extra sharp cheddar

5-6ozs of orange/yellow sharp cheddar

2-3ozs Parmigiano-Reggiano

2ozs Asiago

12ozs pimento with liquid

1/4c sugar

1Ts crushed black pepper

1/2ts kosher salt

3/4ts cayenne pepper

11/2ts bourbon

1c Duke's mayonaise

3 comments:

  1. I love pimiento cheese, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latest Upwork Tests 2017
    1)Upwork SEO Test 2017
    2)Upwork PHP Test 2017
    3)Upwork WordPress Test 2017
    4)Upwork C# Test 2017
    5)Upwork CSS Test 2017
    MORE TEST.....................
    https://latestupworktests.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pimento Cheese have a good taste ..
    https://kiltmaster.com/kilts-for-men

    ReplyDelete