Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Take a listen

In October of 2003, I attended the National Youth Workers Convention in Charlotte. I had a great time and learned much about myself and the work of Jesus in His church, in this time. I also had a conversation with Mike Yaconelli, it was quick, it was real, it was from my heart. I also was in the last early morning bible study Mike lead. Mike and his writing meant much to me then and even more to me now. About one week after the conference Mike was gone, killed in a truck crash moving his eightysomething year old father closer to Mike's family. His two books are still here and much of his other writings. I found this podcast interview with Mike from 2002. It was placed on the site March 10, 11,12 and 13. Take time to listen to all four parts. You'll hear a man with a simple view of God and the church, I hope to keep the same view...always. Check it out here...The KindlingsMuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment